Bagasse/Wheatstaw Clamshell - Hamburger Box - Container 6"x6"x3"
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL CASES
*** This product is currently on backorder ***
Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 3.19"
Our plant fiber based products are now made from sugarcane (bagasse) and wheatstraw fiber. Sugarcane and wheatstraw are not only annually renewable resources, but can also be turned into products normally made from plastic or paper. Bagasse is the sugarcane fiber remaining after extraction of juice from sugarcane and the wheatstraw is the remaining plant material after the wheat grain and chaff have been extracted. We use these byproducts to make compostable tableware.
Our compostable clamshells are
- microwave and freezer safe, can be used for both hot and cold items
- soak proof
- have no plastic or wax lining
- handle hot liquids up to 220 Fahrenheit (moisture forms at the bottom for hot food items)
- fully compostable, sturdy and strong
- meet ASTM D-6400 standard for compostability
Though these compostable clamshells are soak proof, hot items will cause the plates to "perspire" and some condensation will form at the bottom.